Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Poem Worth Loving...

WIND ON A HILL
by  Alan Alexander Milne 

No one can tell me,
Nobody knows,
Where the wind comes from,
Where the wind goes.

It's flying from somewhere
As fast as it can,
I couldn't keep up with it,
Not if I ran.

But if I stopped holding
The string of my kite,
It would blow with the wind
For a day and a night.

And then when I found it,
Wherever it blew,
I should know that the wind
Had been going there too.

So then I could tell them
Where the wind goes...
But where the wind comes from
Nobody knows. 


I really like this poem. Always have. This was the first poem that I was told to memorize. It was for my 1st grade poem recital. I was the only kid in the class who memorized the whole poem, and was a single act. (Not that I'm bragging or anything! #swag) Whenever I think of the word "poetry" this one always comes to mind. And it kind of had a little lesson it it too... You can learn things from the end.

1 comment:

  1. I also just noticed that A. A. Milne is the same person who wrote Winnie the Pooh... epic ^^

    ReplyDelete